Friday, June 13, 2014

All Secrets Known (People are Dillholes pt II)

Let's move ahead a little bit. It's now early April in 2013. I was helping one of the stockers, Chase, stock some of the shelves. As we were working, Rash walks down the isle, we exchange greetings and move on with what we were doing. I figured I was inconspicuous enough, however Chase turned to me and said, "You're totally into her aren't you?"

     "What? Naw!" I said, "That's just crazy talk."

     "That's bullcrap." He said, "You totally want to do her."

     "Well, that's just a bit juvenile, don't you think?"

     "Just admit that you like her."

     "Fine, yeah, I like her." I said reluctantly.

     "Does she know?"

     "Of course not!" I said a little too loudly, "I can never tell her."

     "Well," Chase said slowly, "if you won't tell her, I guess I'll have to do it for you."

     "No! You don't understand, you can't tell her!"

     "Are you gonna?"

     "No."

     "Well, then." He said as we walked away.

     I started to panic. Was he really going to tell her? If he was, I had to take care of some damage control. I went up to the registers and began sacking groceries on Rashaell's register. I then began my plan. "So, funny story. Last week, Chase tried to spread the rumor that Nick was gay." I said.

     "Really?" Rash replied, "Why would he do that?"

     "Oh, he a friggin' gossip. He likes to start false rumors just for the 'lolz.'"

     "I don't really work with him much, but she sounds like a real ass."

     "You have no idea." I said.

     The next day when I came to work, Chase came up to me and said, "It's done. I told her."

     "I can't believe you did that." I said, "Well I guess it doesn't really matter. I told her that you are a gossip and not to trust a thing you said."

     "Now that just hurts," he said sarcastically, "It hurts me right here." He pointed to his chest as he said this. "Tell me, though. Why are you so against her knowing?"

     "Because," I said, "I don't want to put her in that kind of situation. She's in a relationship and I don't want to complicate things for her. I mean, what if she likes me back? I don't want to put her in a dilemma to where she has to choose. You may not know this, but when you truly care about someone, you want them to be happy. . . even if that means they can't be happy with you. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that."

     "There won't be any dilemma if she isn't here. She's moving at the end of the summer."

     "Wait. What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment