Friday, May 9, 2014

The Confidante

It was the greatest news I had ever heard. I had just found out that Rashaell may have broken up with Landon. The wait was over, I was now determined to ask her out. However, I had to be sure they really were broken up and that what I had heard wasn't just a rumor. Thus I began my search for a confidante.

     My usual confidantes (my sister Hope or my best friend Jill) wouldn't work this time. I needed someone that I could trust, but who also knew Rashaell on a personal basis. After a short time of deliberation, I came up with a name: Emma. Emma was a customer service representative at the grocery store that I work for. Not only had she shown herself trustworthy in the past, but she also lived in the same hometown and went to the same high school as Rashaell.

     One day after work, I talked to Emma. "Hey," I said, "can I ask you a question?"

     "Technically, you just asked a question," she replied, "but yeah go ahead."

     I froze. Could I really trust Emma? Sure, she had shown herself to be a trustworthy person before, but this was different. Rashaell was one of Emma's best friends, would her loyalty to Rashaell outweigh her loyalty to keep my secret? Would she tell Rashaell and ruin everything? I couldn't risk it. "Um, well. There's this girl. . . that I kind of like. . . who may or may not be dating. . . a good friend of mine," I said slowly, "I recently heard a rumor that they may have. . . ended things. How would you suggest I ask her if they really did break up. . . without actually asking if they broke up?"

     "You're talking about Rashaell." She replied.

     "What? How did you get there?"

     "Well, I've seen the way you look at her. Also, you told me that Landon was a good friend of yours and I know that he and Rashaell used to date."

     "Crap. Wait, used to date?!"

     Just then, the clock hit 4 and Rashaell came walking into the store for her shift. Now was my chance, I couldn't waste it. . .

To Be Continued. . .

** Starting this week, not only will new posts of How I Met Your Ex-Girlfriend be showing up on Blogger.com, they will also be showing up on my new website. Here's the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment