Friday, April 25, 2014

The Rumor

In the summer of 2012, the girl of my dreams was dating my good friend. It was horrible. I couldn't be around Rashaell without feeling guilty for liking her, and I couldn't be around Landon without feeling jealous that he was dating her. The worst times were when I was around both of them together. It was a time in life that would seemingly never end. But it would end, and it would end a lot sooner than I thought.

     It happened one day while sitting in the living room. My mother, sister Hope, my dad, and I were all sitting around when I heard the greatest rumor ever. My mom was looking at her computer when she looked up to me and asked, "Did Landon and that girl you work with break up or something?"

     "What?!" I said, looking up quickly.

     "I just saw on Facebook that Landon is 'in a relationship' and it isn't with Rashaell."

     I stopped for a moment to compose myself before I spoke again. "Oh?" I said, forcing a disinterested  and unexcited voice.

     "That's what it looks like," said my mother, "Hey, you know what? You should ask her out. She's cute and seems nice."

     "Nah," I said, trying to keep the disinterested act going.

     "Yeah, why would he want Landon's sloppy seconds, anyway?" Said Hope.

     "Whoa!" I said defensively, "I wouldn't call her sloppy seconds."

     "Then ask her out."

     "Maybe I will," I thought,  "Maybe I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment