Friday, February 7, 2014

The Right Girl

In September of 2010, I would take a step that would change my life. I would take a step into a new world - the world where I met the Right Girl. On September 15th I started my first job at a local grocery store called Country Mart. I was hired as a Sacker (or as I prefer, Consumable Goods Packing Technician.) Little did I know how my life would change after working there.

     It wasn't my first choice in jobs. Why? For several reasons. First off, I hate Country music. I hate it with a fiery passion that consumes my very soul. So with a name like Country Mart, you can probably guess what kind of music they play all day.

     Second, the sacker position at Country Mart was my sister's (Hope) first job and not two weeks earlier, I had bought my sister's first car. Did I really want to keep following in my sister's footsteps like that? That actually wouldn't be the last time I followed my sisters' footsteps. My second car was the same color and model of my sister's (Bailey) second car. I wrecked that same car in the same place that Bailey wrecked her look-a-like car. Hope's first career choice before switching to Nursing was Radiology. My first career choice before switching to Law was Radiology. Man, I really need to become my own person.

     And third, I wanted to work with people my own age and possibly meet my future wife there. I had never seen many young people working at Country Mart (granted this is because I only ever went there in the day time when all the kids my age who worked there were in school,) so I wanted to try and find work at Taco Bell or some place that I had seen younger people work before. But after sending several applications to many different businesses and never getting "the call," I had no other choice but to apply at Country Mart.

     Though it wasn't my first choice, it turned out to be a good thing because just a year after taking that job I met someone. Someone very special. And though I didn't know it at the time, she was the Right Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment