Friday, January 17, 2014

The End is Near. . . The End is Here

This is going to be short, but a necessary installment in this narrative:

     As I talked via email with Kayla, the fact that she was single gave me a strange since of comfort. But as time progressed, I began wondering about what the future held. Even if I were able to get over my anxiety and profess my feelings to her, what then? She lived over 150 miles away; it's not like I could ask her out or anything. The more I thought about it, the more doubts I had about weather or not Kayla was the girl I was meant to be with as I previously had thought.

     With this in mind, I turned to God for advice. I prayed:

     "Dear God,

     "You know how I feel about Kayla, but she lives so far away. I just don't see how any future with her would be feasible. If she isn't the girl for me, I don't want to waste all my time and energy on her if the girl I am truly supposed to be with is out there somewhere. Please give me a sign.

     "In your name,
     "Amen"

     Not long after this, Kayla's emails began to come less often and more sporadically. We used to email back and forth at least three times a week, but it then dwindled to once a week. Then to once every other week. Then down to once a month. Then one day, the emails stopped all together. This was the sign I had asked for. God had spoken. As hard as it was to believe, there was someone else out there better for me. Even still, it was hard to let go. It would take someone very special to get me over Kayla. And very special she was.

End of Pt. II
To be Continued in Pt. III 

No comments:

Post a Comment