Saturday, August 31, 2013

Operation "Get-the-Girl"

In the fall of 2004, I thought I was in love. At least, as much in love as a ten-year-old can comprehend (which isn't that deep,) but I was infatuated at any rate. To be honest, back then I didn't care what it was, crush or true love, I just knew I liked her and I wanted her to know it.

     Some people may disagree with this next statement (mostly my sisters would,) but when I was a kid, I was pretty shy. At least, I was shy around girls (some things never change.) As much as I wanted to tell her how I felt, I just couldn't. That's why I thank God for Hope, my sister. Or maybe I should be blaming God for Hope, but that's beside the point. She helped me get over my fear, and eventually tell Erin. . . Sort of. . .

     I am going to preface the entirety of the next several blogs by saying, I am an idiot. Especially at that age (again, some things never change.) With that said, I will proceed in recounting the execution of Operation "Get-the-Girl": A covert operation to. . . Well. . . Get the girl.

     Operation "Get-the-Girl" was over three years in the making. But that was mainly because I was to afraid to put it into action. But thanks to my sister, I eventually did.

     My sister, Hope, is one of my best friends and one of the first people I told about Erin. And then, like any typical older sister, she kept badgering me about when I was going to tell Erin how I felt. I would often say something like, "Oh, I'm just picking my moment," or "Oh, I want to wait until I'm a little older," or "I'm just too friggin' terrified to do that!" To which she would, without fail reply, "If you don't act soon, someone else will!"

      Finally, in the Winter of 2007 when I was thirteen-years-old, Operation "Get-the-girl" took effect. We planned it around Christmas of that year. I would give her a nice gift with a card. In the card I would finally reveal my feelings for her. On paper, it sounds like a good plan. In execution, however, not so much. . .


To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment