Monday, August 5, 2013

How I Met Your Ex-Girlfriend

This is the story of how I met your ex-girlfriend. Well, maybe not your ex-girlfriend, but statistically she is someone's ex-girlfriend. Technically I haven't met her yet, maybe you haven't even met her yet (if so, hands off), or maybe you are dating her right now. I'm going to tell you the story of how I meet my future wife. I don't know how this story ends, I'm just telling it as I go along.
    
     First off, let me give you a little background. I am an eighteen-year-old young man who - up until this point - has never had a girlfriend, nor can get a girl to give me so much as a sideways glance. I hardly blame them, though. I'm not the most attractive person in the world and I'm kind of a dork. I love Star Wars, Lego, video games, and I love Lego Star Wars the video game.

     It's not all on the girls' end though, I am always too afraid to talk to them. If I ever do get up the nerve to say "Hello" to a girl, I am almost immediately "friend zoned." Doubtlessly all you guys know exactly what the dreaded "friend zone" is. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of girls don't know what this is. It is Hell, plain and simple. You've heard the term "have your cake and eat it too"? Well the "friend zone" is the exact opposite. You get to have your cake, but it is just out of arm's reach and you are strapped to your chair. And if she has a boyfriend, it's like watching someone else eat your cake.

     Granted, I have gained a lot of great friends out of being in the "friend zone," but consequently all of my friends and acquaintances are all girls. There is Jess (one of my closest friends and long time neighbor), Katie (Jess' sister), Erin (my childhood best friend and first crush), Kayla (my second crush), Jill (my best friend ever), and Rashaell.

     Maybe one of these girls is your ex-girlfriend, maybe not. Only time will tell. Maybe I haven't met your ex yet. But when I do, you'll know because you'll see it here. I guess what I am trying to say is that every week for the next couple of years (hopefully) I will take you on the journey of how your ex-girlfriend will become my wife. Be prepared, I'm coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment