Friday, March 7, 2014

Rashaell, Rashaell (The Living Seinfeld Reference)

If there is a TV comedy that I like more than How I Met Your Mother, it's got to be Seinfeld. I watched the 9 seasons so many times growing up that almost anything will remind me of a Seinfeld joke. I go to the dentist and all I can think about is Tim Whatly converting to Judaism simply for the jokes. Then I think to myself, "Man, I'm such an atidentite." I park in a parking garage and all I can think of is the time where Jerry, George, Elane, and Kramer get lost in a parking garage for a whole episode. I can't even look at a bowl of Cheerios without laughing. So you can imagine how hard I laughed when I met Rashaell.

     For those of you who live under a rock or just suck at living, I'll explain this to you. The name "Rashaell" is very similar and pronounced the same as "Rochelle" which reminds me of the fictional movie in Seinfeld called Rochelle, Rochelle - a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. This isn't the only Seinfeld-like thing about her, nay she is living Seinfeld reference.

     Upon learning her name, I asked if her last name was Vandelay (this is in reference to George Costanza's alias, Art Vandelay.) She said it wasn't, but what she said a few minutes later almost made me pee my pants laughing. She said she wanted to be an architect. Because Seinfeld is now such an old show, I will continue to explain. The "architect" reference is yet another George Costanza thing. One of the on-running jokes on the show was that George always "wanted to pretend to be an architect." It is talked about on many occasions during the show going back as far as season 1.

     As if this wasn't enough, her dad looks like George Costanza. Now when I say he looks like him, I don't mean he could be Jason Alexander's twin, I mean that he fits the general description of George. He's short (at least compared to me,) he's stocky, he wears glasses, and he's bald.

     The best part of this is that Rashaell has no idea her life is a living Seinfeld reference. She's never even seen the show (which makes me very sad.) Secretly I hope she marries a guy who's last name is Vandelay to complete the joke. Hmmm, maybe I should change my last name to Vandelay. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment